Sunday, October 18, 2015

Irrationally sad about celophane



For no good reason this makes me sad.

Not having four new unwatched Who DVDs - that makes me giddyhappy. Having to take the cellophane off them all at once (and not even when I'm watching them because I promised to wait and watch two of them with a friend who keeps being busy at the weekends [glares meaningfully at Keith]).

It's daft. I know it's daft, but there's something about saving my treats and enjoying them one at a time that I really enjoy. Yes, I am one of those dreadful people who carefully unpicks the wrapping paper instead of ripping into it. I enjoy the deferred gratification thing... hey there had to be at least one character trait that's adult right? ;)

So against my inclinations I just torn through four DVDs, unleashing their faint free-hydrocarbon new-DVD smell all in one orgiastic rush and for what? Well because the 5th (and the first I watched) had a manufacturing fault making it unwatchable. They're birthday presents and the duff one needs to go back. The broken one (and three of the others) are from my (sensible grown up) sister, who innocently suggested (a week ago) that if I was returning the broken one I should probably check the others are OK.

She was absolutely right. And yet somehow that's delayed the whole process for a week while I tried to avoid unwrapping them all...

Yes. I'm laughing at myself too.

On the bright side they all look fine, so 2Entertain's QC department only cocked up 1/5 of the time.


No comments: