Tuesday, September 10, 2013

newness!

splateagle.com v6 is here :)

It's not yet 100% if I'm honest: mobile navigation isn't displaying yet (which is a shame because the new design is responsive so the pages all rearrange themselves beautifully for small devices) visitors using Internet Explorer won't see the social media links in the right hand side of the menu bar, and the "share" links at the end of these blog posts look a bit out of place, being the default sharethis ones... There are probably other glitches too but I'll fix all of them, and hopefully soon.

For the most part the new design is ready to roll, and I'm very pleased with it - feel free to let me know your thoughts/bug reports in the comments.

The most important change is the new design page, the most thorough online "portfolio" I've done to date, and one I plan on expanding over time.

Long time visitors will notice a few things have gone as well - the last vestiges of the personal site which has been here for the past ten years have been retired to make way for the site's role as my business "shop window"... well all but one of the vestiges: I've kept the blog archive. ten years is a lot of blether to discard, even when there are as big gaps in it as there are.

If you miss the old personal content (and - just now - aren't using IE) you can supplement it with the social media links. I plan on adding to those too over time, possibly restoring some kind of photo album via flickr but we'll have to see if anything comes of that or not.

I also intend to update this blog more often. I know, I know, you've heard that before, but since I always tell clients there's no point in having a blog you don't update... practice what you preach and all that. There's likely to be more design related posts and less navel gazing though.

So onward and upward...

No comments: