Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Revelation

Funny thing happened the other day.

I've spent (most of) the past year feeling sorry for myself. Feeling loss. Feeling bereaved. That's all understandable, but not bring able to move past it was worrying me until the other day.

Somehow it struck me that I'd been waiting for something that couldn't happen. I'd been waiting most if last year to feel "OK" again, only my definition of "OK" was skewed. I was waiting to feel OK by standards that no longer apply.

I am OK. Just as much as I was before I met Joe. It's a helluva comedown from where I was *after* I met Joe ;) but it is... OK.

Back to normal then.

Could be worse.

2 comments:

Hamish MacDonald said...

...And there's nothing wrong with how you've gone about this transition. You've been okay all along, and not at all difficult to be with during the process, unlike movie characters who've been through a split and have to hit rock bottom in really annoying ways before they get their $#*† together.

The difference now is that you're living in the universe you're in, rather than peering over at one you might prefer. But this is where all the good stuff will ultimately happen.

Glad to hear you're doing well, bud.

Patrick said...

Thanks Hame!

You're absolutely right - best to live in the real world than mooning over a preferred imaginary one, and - experience tells me - the real world *is* were the fun stuff actually happens... in its own time.