Monday, January 05, 2009

Moved!

Most of my belongings are still in bags and boxes but all of them* are now in my new flat. Huge thanks to Justin, Karen, Liz and Craig for helping out on Saturday - it was hard work but you guys made it both possible and fun. Thank you again.

I love my new flat, it's gigantic, like big enough that we've started referring to parts of it as the North and South wings, but without irony, and (even better) has no screaming babies through the walls anywhere (we've checked thoroughly). In fact there's almost no noise of any sort from the outside world, very occasionally if you listen very carefully (or aren't asleep in the dead of night because you're all giddy about having moved) there's a distant swoosh of a car passing on a nearby road, but otherwise you wouldn't think you could possibly be less than ten minutes' walk from the city centre. I love it!

Sadly (for everyone who's been enjoying the fact it was a distinct possibility) my sofa is not permanently wedged in the stairwell Dirk Gently style. Sadly (for me) it didn't fit up the stairs so isn't in the livingroom where I usually like to keep my sofa. It's in the (ENORMOUS) garage instead. Haven't decided yet whether to sell it or keep it there and make a little den. Either way though it means I'm now buying two sofas for upstairs instead of one. Meh.

I'm not posting my new address on the blog but if you haven't got it and think you should, let me know. Also I'll be slow responding to splateagle.com emails until we get the new flat all broadbanded up. Also there have been requests for pictures from various quarters. It'll be a while folks: I'm not taking pictures until I've unpacked/furnished rooms and then I won't be able to send them until the broadband fairies have worked their magic at the exchange (which is an inscrutable arcane process and "takes as long as it takes") but I will sort something out once those things are done.

* Except my vacuum cleaner and a load of cleaning stuff which are all at the old place waiting for me to go back and clean it before handing the keys back... *sigh* that'll be a fun evening.

No comments: