Sunday, March 20, 2005

warm and fuzzy

Life is sweet

I'm sitting on my sofa with the remains of a glass of Laphroaig contemplating a really good weekend. I'm in a very good head space lately and feel like I should document that so here we go:

On Friday the gang came out to the boonies and we all hung out here, I love when that happens and it happens all too infrequently because I live "Far Away" from most of the people I care about... but my home is set up to be a space for people and fun though it is having it to myself, it really feels right when it's filled with my friends and their laughter. And laugh we did! I'd quote some choice bits of conversation but it'd probably sound like we wre having an entirely different kind of fun... Mexican food, beer, Father of the Pride (if you get Sky One you must watch it) music, conversation and laughter... I love my life.

Saturday morning everyone except me went to the Farmers' Market and (I gather) had fun. Personally I enjoyed being able to sleep through until lunchtime! I came round in a lazy sort of weekend way once 'nite and Justin came home (still thoroughly enjoying the new home-dynamic as do my housemates happily) mulling bits of the Guardian in between mugs of coffee, sections of the Saturday paper and some daft console games... After dinner (portobello mushrooms roasted with goats cheese and parmesan, parsnip chips and salad, 'nite and Justin had venison instead of 'shrooms) I poddled into town, joined Liz, Hame and Geoff to belatedly mark my saint's day with a pint and a half of Guinness at the Waverley before going clubbing with Hame at Mingin' which was as always fantastic!

Today I polled home round mid-day, flopped onto the sofa with the Herald and more coffee, until I was roused into an afternoon walk by Justin and Karen - the three of us wandered through a surprisingly spring-like Falls of Clyde for a happy couple of hours before retiring back here for more fine food, drink and company... Bliss!

...all in all I'm feeling very good about my life right now which is probably a good job seeing as next week is the dreaded last week of Spring Term at work... but lets not think of that while the Laphroaig's still to hand eh?

No comments: