Tuesday, February 22, 2005

poorly-sick

*snuffle*

I'm not going to mention the unmentionable heating, except to say it's being dealt with. Suffice it to say that the gods read my blog, and they have a sick sense of humour, so I don't want to give them ideas.

I'm not well. I seem to have succumbed to the latest nasty bug doing the rounds at work and I fervently hope that I didn't pass it on to Mum and Dad this weekend. I think it started to kick in on Sunday: I felt a bit off colour then but put it down to having consumed rather a lot of red wine with my folks the night before. I did have a lovely time with Mum and Dad (as always) and they (like me) were most impressed with the carpeted lovliness that is my livingroom... the weekend was punctuated with exploding boilers (yes, that's "boilers" plural) but nobody seemed to mind greatly: I think they were taking their cues from me and I'm getting quite used to that sort of thing by now.

dammit I'm mentioning the unmentionable. I'd better stop that.

So I've spent the last day and a half either in bed or under a duvet on the sofa... which would be great if I were feeling up to enjoying it but I'm not. boo.

Outside it's been snowing, Anita tells me the hills between here and work are quite scarily snowy - she took the train in today after spending an hour and a half getting home by car yesterday. Good job I'm stuck indorrs then I suppose.

No comments: