Thursday, December 18, 2003

somewhat refreshing...

I'm lucky: I don't get much spam, and most of what little I get goes to a spam-sponge account I have on yahoo, to be filtered out by my clever email program. very little arrives here, but nobody is immune and my gaffe at including 'mailto' links in the last version of this site means that splateagle.com handles on average two or three spam messages a day - a nuisance but hardly an unbearable one, considering.

anyway, I just had my first piece of Japanese spam: a very polite version of the 'a sexy single woman (who does not exist) wants to meet you' hoax: "i have not yet married and still have no children. Maybe we can still be friends? or maybe more??" addressed to a non-existent account at this domain - I almost feel bad for the imaginary young lady in question, barking up the wrong (in this case rainbow-barked) tree like that, but at least, unlike her western (fictitious) counterparts, she's polite about it...

No comments: