Monday, December 08, 2003

right up to the constructiveness

I built shelves! Yay me, mmm shelves, lovely shelves... I hadn't actually finished them by bed time yesterday (Sunday) so I have more to do when i get home and had to tidy all my toys away before I went to bed so that neither I nor 'nite tripped over them this morning, but I didn't mind because the shelves I've built so far are very very lovely and I was in a really good mood about it all.

I'm (finally) kitting out one of the three large walk-in cupboards that occupies one of the strange intersections of the walls in my odd-shaped house - it's known as the server cupboard because it's where our fileserver and other networking gubbins lives, but up until recently it was mostly occupied with Anita's old fridge. That finally vacated the premises on Saturday evening when her parents very kindly took it away. So now I have a whole big empty triangular cupboard and an intricate plan of shelving to play at building inside it, which makes me happy.

Meanwhile out in the rest of the world, winter has arrived with a vengence - it was a clear crisp morning when I got up today and has remained so, with the ground still frozen hard at almost 2pm which I guess means it's decided to stay that way for now. The sky has settled down from it's technicolour stretching this morning into the kind of bright wintry blue than makes your eyes hurt if you look at it too long, and my ears are just about defrosted from my lunchtime walk down by the frozen canal. Magic!

...might be time to buy a Christmas Tree this week I feel...

No comments: